Applications are invited for SRF and Research Associate Under DBT Funded Project at ILS, Bhubaneswar. The last date of application is 6 October 2022.
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India invites applications from eligible Indian Nationals for the following project positions.
“Evaluation of genetic diversity of underutilized species of Western Himalayan Bioresources based on molecular and genomic characterization”
Senior Research Fellow (02 Position)
- Fellowship: Rs. 35,000 /- + HRA@16% per month
- Upper Age Limit: 35 years as on 06.10.2022 (Relaxation of age as per Govt. of India rules).
- Essential Qualification:
- Candidates with Master’s degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Life Sciences with minimum 55% aggregate marks (relaxation will be given as per Govt. guideline) from a recognized university and having two years of relevant research experience.
- Candidates should have also a qualified NET-JRF/NET-LS/GATE qualification or selected through National level examinations conducted by Central Govt. departments and agencies or institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICMR, ICAR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- Desirable qualification: Preference will be given to candidates having experience in sequencing and analyzing genome sequence and RNA-Seq data. Candidates with hands-on experience in research laboratory/ Institute and knowledge about transcriptomics in plants and their related techniques will be preferred.
Research Associate-I (01 position)
- Fellowship: Rs. 47,000/- + HRA@16% per month
- Eligibility: Ph. D. in Biotechnology/Life Sciences or allied subjects.
- Desirable qualification: The ideal candidate has to be competent in designing and executing experiments related to plant metabolomics (secondary metabolite profiling), LC-MS, Flow Cytometric Analysis, qRT-PCR etc. A decent publication record from Ph.D. work is also expected. Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis and are awaiting for viva voce may also apply; for such candidates, the fellowship amount will be that of a SRF until he/she defends the thesis.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- Last date of submission of online application: 6 October 2022.
- Date of publishing the name of shortlisted candidates on the website: 10 October 2022.
- Tentative date of Interview: 20 October 2022.