Applications are invited for UGC Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship 2022 for Single Girl Child. The last date of application is 10 October 2022.
Fellowship is available for pursuing research work leading to award of Ph.D degree under ‘Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child’.
- To support higher education of single girl child in Social Sciences.
- To recognize the value of observance of small family norm.
- To recognize the norm of single girl child in society.
- To propagate the concept of single girl child norm.
- To promote single girls in the society
- Any single girl child of her parents pursuing Ph.D. in any stream/subject in recognised Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes is eligible to apply under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has registered herself in regular, full-time Ph. D. program.
- Admission to Ph.D. Course in part-time/distance mode is not covered under the scheme. A scholar is not eligible for fellowship if the research is intended/pursued through open/ part-time distance education mode or parttime mode.
- Girl students up to the age of 40 years for general category and 45 years for the reserved categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC and PWD (Persons with Disabilities) as on the last date of submission of online application are eligible.
- The fellowship under this scheme is available for pursuing research work in the following types of institutions only:
- Central/State Universities included under section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Institutions fully funded by Central or State Governments and empowered to award Degrees.
- Institutions of National Importance.
- Non-teaching Employees of any University / College/ Higher Educational Institution*/ Central/ State/ UT Government are not eligible under the scheme for availing the fellowship, even if they are on Study Leave or Extra Ordinary Leave (EOL) to purse Ph.D course. Fellowship is not available for pursuing M.Phil.
JRF @ Rs. 31,000/- p.m. for initial two years
SRF @ Rs. 35,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure
For Humanities and Social Sciences
@ Rs. 10,000/- p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs. 20,500/- p.a. for remaining tenure
For Science, Engineering and Technology
@Rs.12,000/- p.a. for initial two years
@Rs.25,000/- p.a. for remaining tenure
- Escort Reader Assistance: @ Rs. 3,000/- p.m. in case of ‘Divyang’ scholars.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via this page.