Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) invites applications from Indian scientists for faculty positions. Last date for application is September 30, 2022.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) is a premier research institution under the aegis of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, and Deemed-to-be-University.
Areas of Research
- Emerging Materials; Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing; Ultrafast Pump-Probe Spectroscopy
- Inorganic Materials Chemistry; Molecular Spectroscopy; Theoretical Chemistry
- Experimental Quantum Materials; Materials Synthesis through Artificial Intelligence
- Theory of Self-assembly and Nonequilibrium Phenomena; Data Science Techniques and Applications
- Climate Modelling, System Science, Computational Sciences, Biomechanics, Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics, Complex Fluids including Active Matter, Geodynamics
- Eco-evolutionary Epidemiology; Co-evolutionary Dynamics; Community Ecology; or Behavioral Ecology (not including social organization)
- Computational Biology; Biology of Aging; Microbiology of Host-pathogen Interactions and Immunity; Cell-Cell Interactions; Genetics and Genomic Approaches
- Mammalian Developmental Neurobiology; Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience; Neurogenetics of Human disorders
No. of Posts
35 years (relaxable as per GoI norms)
Level 12 plus admissible allowances (as per MHRD norms)
- Ph.D. in the relevant areas, about 3 years of post-doctoral experience, high-quality publications, high academic credentials, demonstration of skills needed for development of an independent research programme, and effective teaching.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose research interests complement and provide a new dimension to the Centre’s current research and academic activities, particularly spanning more than one Units. Selected candidates will carry out independent research and teach students in M.S, Integrated Ph.D. and Ph.D. Programmes.
- Short-listed candidates will be further considered based on research seminar(s), pedagogic lecture(s) and interactions with faculty members of the Centre, preferably in-person.
Prepare your application package after learning about activities at JNCASR and giving deep thought to how you would suitably fit in as a faculty member in its academic ambience.
An ideal candidate should have a non-negligible overlap of interest and complementarity with the current faculty.
You are welcome to connect with the current Faculty members at the Centre to find more information about their work. Please include following information, in PDF format and email to email@example.com
- Completed application package (word file can be downloaded here).
- List of publications in reverse chronological order.
- PDF files of 3 most significant (not necessarily most cited) publications.
- A two-page research plan.
- A statement of teaching interests that details what courses you would like to teach, any prior teaching experience, and other relevant information.
- Names and email addresses of at least three referees who are familiar with your work and will be willing to write a reference letter.
September 30, 2022
For any further information related to this advertisement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a Cc to email@example.com.