Applications are invited for JRF Under DST Funded Project at TISS Mumbai. The last date of application is 17 June 2022.
Applications are invited for a post of ‘Junior Research Fellow’ for two year position under the research project funded by Department of Science and Technology, GOI, “Fast forward to SDG 6: Acceptable and affordable water in secondary Indian cities (4WARD)” at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
About the Project
This project is a collaborative project along with IIT-Bombay, IIT-Kharagpur, IISC-Banglore, and Amruta Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kochi. The project seeks to develop innovative techno-instutituinal designs to address the problems water supply and sanitation of the tier II and tier III cities of India. It involves detailed case studies of the project implementation sites/towns which would be considered in demonstrating technical interventions by Technology partners of the project.
The JRF would be particularly responsible for doing qualitative and quantitative assessments of the situation of water supply, sanitation, and wastewater disposal, with a focus on role of local institutions, write field reports and participate in other project activties under the supervision of project coordinator.
- Post-graduate in Social Sciences/Environmental Sciences/Public Policy or equivalent from recognized institutions.
- Candidate must have research experience water and sanitation issues in urban settings
- Ability to converse in Marathi and read/write/communicate proficiently English is must.
- Basic knowledge of quantitative research (Descriptive Statistics) and good knowledge of qualitatie
methodology would be essential.
- Command on Excel, PowerPoint is essential.
- The applicant should be willing to travel to field locations as and when required.
- PhD students are eligible to apply
- Coordinate the Project – Which primarily includes organizing planning, review and coordination meetings.
- Lead and monitor a team of
The remuneration is fixed as per the DST norms at Rs. 31,000 + 24% HRA (total Rs. 38440) per month. This amount is inclusive of Professional tax and income tax. Your fieldwork expenses including travel, food and
accommodation will be reimbursed in accordance with the TISS/project rules.
Initial tenure would be of One year, extendable up to another year based on satisfactory performance.
Interested candidates are requested send their applications to pranjal.deekshit[at]tiss.edu on or before June 17, 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be communicated by e-mail to appear for the insterview scheduled on June 23, 2022 at 11.00 am.
Venue for interview: School of Habitat Studies, 2nd floor, Academic Building 2, TISS New Campus.