Applications are invited for Research Internship at UNDP, New Delhi. The last date of application is 13 June 2022.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application,
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in a relevant field of expertise (e.g., social sciences, statistics, economics, or related field) or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in any of the above or related fields or
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical, writing and research skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Experience in data collection and analysis in the field of social or economic development fields;
- Outstanding command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications such as Canva.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis and secondary research tools.
- Basic understanding of issues pertaining to the development sector, skilling ecosystem/ enterprise development, value chain development
- Knowledge of gender issues, gaps in skilling and employment/enterprise development will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head, Inclusive Growth, the intern/s will have the responsibility for the following activities: Main responsibilities:
- Conduct supervised secondary research on specific topics in the area of skills, entrepreneurship, livelihoods, innovation, green economy including data analysis, collation and representation
- Provide support in writing of project related documents (concept notes, proposals, etc.), and synthesis documents and other relevant knowledge products;
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, visual representations, infographics as required;
- Assist in the organization of webinars/conferences/events/forums
- Proof reading and editing of reports, books, booklets or any other type of publications/ communications material.
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of services, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made;
- Support the team with other relevant tasks.
- Application deadline: 13 June 2022.
- Starting Date: 1 August 2022