Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the ICTS – S. N. Bhatt Memorial Excellence Fellowship Program 2022.
About the Fellowship
International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS-TIFR), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bengaluru invites applications from academically bright and motivated students for the ICTS – S. N. Bhatt Memorial Excellence Fellowship Program which typically happens every summer around the middle of May till the middle of July.
This program offers an opportunity to undergraduate/master’s students of Science and Engineering to work with faculty and post-doctoral fellows of the Centre and to participate in research at the frontiers of knowledge.
Selected candidates will be provided stipends and accommodation during this program. Applications are invited from both Indian and foreign nationals.
For the Physics stream, this summer program also provides an early route to the Ph.D. and Int Ph.D. graduate program at ICTS.
Candidates who perform outstandingly in the summer program will be provided with a unique opportunity to apply early for admission to our graduate program. Upon subsequently clearing a written test and interview, successful candidates will receive early Ph.D./Int Ph.D. offers.
- Undergraduate students of science, mathematics and engineering, who are in their third, fourth or fifth year of the program are eligible to apply.
- Exceptional undergraduates in their second year may also apply.
- Masters degree students and those who have completed their undergraduate are also welcome to apply.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates should apply online with their CV, academic and referee (at least two) details.
- Online applications are preferred. However, if applicants do not have internet access, click here for the offline application instructions. If you are submitting online, do not send hard copies of your application materials.
- Applications will be normally reviewed in February and results will be declared around early March every year.
- Application deadline: 31 January 2022
- Referee deadline: 15 February 2022
For any queries, contact us at: [email protected]